Technical Salesperson / Sales Engineer
Market and sell metal finishing equipment and related installation and post sales support services to all types of metal finishing companies both domestic and international, the selling of which requires a technical background in chemistry, engineering, and/or 10 years experience in the metal finishing industry.
Key market segments include Job Shop Metal Finishing Companies that serve multiple industries, and manufacturing companies in the Automotive, Medical, Aerospace, and Consumer Goods industries who are seeking to install or upgrade their metal finishing equipment lines.
- Develop, present, and/or respond to RFQs for specific customer requirements, including requests for proposal responses and highly tailored, industry-specific solutions.
- Keep informed on metal finishing industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Collaborate with sales and technical personnel to understand customer requirements, promote the sale of company equipment, and provide sales support.
- Plan and modify equipment configurations to meet customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain equipment and services to customers and prospective customers.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to analyze and explain complex designs, and translate customer requirements into possible equipment solutions.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings of equipment, including prior experience with one or more CAD software systems such as AutoCAD, UG, etc.
- Ability to actively listen, take notes, and clearly present solutions to customers both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build long-term, positive customer relationships.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Projects
- The ability to verbally communicate information and ideas so that others will understand.
- Self-motivation with demonstrated ability to work independently.
Experience And Education:
- Engineering Degree preferred, along with knowledge of metal finishing processes
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
Price Walgren offers competitive wages, a bonus program, matching 401K, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you have experience in the finishing industry, a strong work ethic, and excellent skills in your own specialty, email your resume to AEnglish@kochllc.com. If you become part of the Walgren team, you'll experience challenge and opportunity every day. You'll be putting your talents and experience to work alongside the very best in our industry. And you'll be a part of a company that recognizes and rewards your initiative, your commitment, and your integrity.
Back to Careers Page