Fully Automated, Hands-free Barrel Lines for Small Parts
Walgren plating systems incorporate advanced barrel and hoist technology from Progalvano and WMV to optimize efficiency and cost savings at each stage.
- Progalvano Lid Removal System opens and closes automatically at each process stage.
- Parts can be loaded automatically by weight, specific to the part number. The loading system uses customers’ bins, and feeds the parts to the barrel.
- For automatic parts unloading, the barrel lid is removed and the barrel is rotated to transfer the parts to baskets – a process which can be done in solution to lower the risk of parts damage.
- Baskets of parts are transferred by a WMV tilt/spin hoist to automatic spin dryers.
- These automatic spin dryers can tilt and reverse to dry the parts.
- The WMV hoist picks the baskets and feeds the parts back into customer-supplied bins.
- This same WMV dip/spin hoist can:
- Move the basket to a chromating section where the WMV hoist automatically handles the baskets for chromating.
- Transfer parts to baskets where they are placed in a hydrogen relief oven for baking.
User-programmable parameters include barrel loading weight, dwell time at each stage, rotation speed, spin time and centrifuge speed, and number of barrels in the sequence.
This highly flexible system accommodates chromate and dry without bake, bake/cool, chromate and dry, and other process variables.
In addition to saving labor, benefits include greater production predictability, and reduced work in process.
Now a division of George Koch Sons, Walgren can offer more experience and know-how with advanced barrel plating equipment technology than any company, worldwide.
Contact us for ideas for your project!